Forget your CIMB Clicks password? CIMB Clicks users are encouraged to change their accounts’ passwords regularly for security purposes.
This article provides 2 ways of changing your CIMB Clicks password, as well as some guidelines to create strong passwords.
Changing CIMB Clicks Password:
- By using a desktop browser, visit the CIMB Clicks login page. It is important to note that the password-changing option is inaccessible on mobile browsers or the CIMB Clicks App.
- Log into your CIMB Clicks account and select ‘Setting’ on the bottom left corner.
- Then, click on ‘Change Password’. From there, you’ll need to key in your username or ID, your current password, and the new password.
- Select ‘Save’, and you’ll receive an SMS on your CIMB Bank/CIMB Islamic registered mobile number to confirm the change of password.
Resetting CIMB Clicks Password:
You’ll need to reset your CIMB Clicks password if you’ve forgotten your password and have trouble logging in.
Here’s how you can reset your password:
- By using a desktop browser, visit the CIMB Clicks login page. Instead of logging in, click ‘Forgot User ID or Password?’ under the login button.
- Select the account type you used to register for CIMB Clicks. The options are CIMB ATM/Debit/Credit Card, Loan/Financing, Structured Investment, Unit Trust, and CIMB Kwik/Prepaid Mastercard.
- Key in your account/card details, which are the 16-digit card number and the 6-digit ATM pin. Next, enter the CAPTCHA text displayed.
- Once you’ve provided the required information, click ‘Enter’ and type in your new password.
- Click ‘Request for TAC’, and you’ll receive a 6-digit TAC via SMS on your CIMB Bank/CIMB Islamic registered mobile number. Enter the TAC, and you have successfully reset your password.
How to Create Strong Passwords:
- When changing or resetting your password, it is essential to note that your new password should:
- Be different from your previous 3 passwords
- Be different from your Clicks User ID or SecureWord
- Not have 3 consecutive letters or numbers
- Use symbols, such as @, #, and ! in your password.
- Use a mixture of uppercase and lowercase alphabets, as well as letters and numbers in your password.
- Ensure that your password has 8-20 characters.
Alternatively, you can also visit the nearest CIMB branch, or dial the customer service hotline at +603 6204 7788.
Discover other useful banking information through LokaPost and more!